window not install after failure of dual boot kali linux on window

ajaysingh13500

Commendable
Aug 21, 2016
hi friends this is my 1st question on this forum..and its very urgent..
yesterday night i was trying to dual boot kali linux on window 7 but not successful and then i abort the installation.
when i restart my laptop then its only show blink cursor on blank screen so i thought i have to install window again..
from here main problem starts..
when i boot window 7 from usb then its show like thsi..
Name TotalSize freespace type
Drive0 Partition1 458.0gb 0.0mb primary

Drive0 Partition2 7.8gb 0.0mb logical

with warning at bottom
window cant be install on drive 0 partition 2
(window can not be install to this hard disk space. window must be install to a partition formatted as NTFS.)

how to solve this error and any possibilities to loss my hard disk data...

Solution
If you want to avoid any data loss, remove this drive, get another one, and install Windows on that. If you don't have any back up of your data and settings, trying to install a new OS or do anything to the drive is not a good idea at all.
If you want to avoid any data loss, remove this drive, get another one, and install Windows on that. If you don't have any back up of your data and settings, trying to install a new OS or do anything to the drive is not a good idea at all.

Solution

dylan1951

Commendable
Aug 20, 2016
Try booting from the windows install disk and opening advanced recovery options and then opening the command prompt. Once your in run the command "bootrec /fixmbr" then you might be able to boot into your existing windows 7 installation. (If the Kali Installation didn't reformat the partition windows was on)