Window picture viewer deleted?

biorick78

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
I had the 360 virus about 3 weeks ago and being the computer guru I am I located it in a few spots even in my registry and deleted them well I have no more virus but I also have no preview on pic's can't use WMP or WPFV I try to reinstall online and it wont install properly keep getting

Rundell error:

c:\windows\system\shimgvw.dll file not found

and system restore say's it is unable to restore

anybody?

btk1w1

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2008
Try reregistering the dll.

Click on "Start" then "Run"

In the run box copy paste:

regsvr32 /i shimgvw.dll

Click ok then ok again.

If you get a success message it should work.

biorick78

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
Thank's for all your help I've been working on this for day's I don't really know alot about major problems but I am allway's try to figure them out on my own but this one has got the best of me

biorick78

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
I tried that with windows media player on selective install and it didn't work I did not see the viewer as a option I could look into it again

biorick78

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
box can up it said it already contained that file do you want to replace I clicked yes and there is no change would I need to reboot

biorick78

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
Well I can't seem to find a option to reinstall picture viewer from CD but I put that dll in winwar to search and find, It found it in about 10 places and 2 corrupt file popped up:

c:\i386\mrt.exe: the archive header is corrupt
c:\i386\mrt.exe: the file ??? header is corrupt

could this have something to do with it?

biorick78

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
wow ok well I deleted my windows service pack because it seemed that was were the corrupt file was and now it seems to work fine should I re install the newest service pack