XP Pro

I setup my main computer for remote access over the weekend because I was
away but needed access to my desktop from the hotel. Worked great.

Now, upon my return and using the host system, every single pop-up window or
new application that I open comes up in a smaller size window. Actually,
its the window size of my "remote" laptop!! I've tried maximizing the
window, which it does, however as soon as I close the application and reopen
it... its back to that size again! My host computer is 1280 x 1024 size
screen, while the laptop is smaller...and a wide screen.

I've since turned off the remote access. I've tried closing the windows on
my applications and web browser while holding the shift key, but no luck.
They still all open in a smaller window taking up about 3/4 of the screen
only...

Anyone know what the *&(^ happened? This is a real pain!

Alias

Open a window, say IE. Stretch it to the size you want it to open to. Close
it. Reopen it and Voila!, problem solved.

Alias

"GeoHacker" <GeoHacker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote

> XP Pro
>
> I setup my main computer for remote access over the weekend because I was
> away but needed access to my desktop from the hotel. Worked great.
>
> Now, upon my return and using the host system, every single pop-up window
> or
> new application that I open comes up in a smaller size window. Actually,
> its the window size of my "remote" laptop!! I've tried maximizing the
> window, which it does, however as soon as I close the application and
> reopen
> it... its back to that size again! My host computer is 1280 x 1024 size
> screen, while the laptop is smaller...and a wide screen.
>
> I've since turned off the remote access. I've tried closing the windows
> on
> my applications and web browser while holding the shift key, but no luck.
> They still all open in a smaller window taking up about 3/4 of the screen
> only...
>
> Anyone know what the *&(^ happened? This is a real pain!

Yes, that works for IE while IE is running in multiple windows. As soon as
I close all the IE windows, or restart the comtpuer.... the windows ALL go
back to that odd size!

I think it has something to do with the terminal services that was activated
for the remote access. Things were FINE until I used that one time via my
laptop connection. All the windows are opening up to the size of my laptop
computer now instead of a full screen window. err!