window size puzzle

ranger_23

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2011
I already asked about this but not sure how these forums work but I'll try again. I was wondering how to get the links in the favorites folder to open in full window size. There isn't a problem with ie because it launches to my home page in full window size, and pretty well anything after that is in full window size. In fact if I've launched ie8 to my home page and then hit the start button to launch a fave link only then does it launch to full window size. But minimum size window only if launching a fave from the desktop start menu. Is there a setting that enables full window size when launching from faves without having to launch ie8 first?

Solution
You need to program the application to save the window size, as follows (afaik it applies to most apps):
1. Click the link to launch the desired window
2. Press the CTRL key and hold it pressed.
3. Click on the full size window icon (top right)
4. Go to the application Start menu and click on Exit
5. Release CTRL

To preset full window sizes from the application shortcuts: Right click on the shortcut > Properties > Shortcut tab > Click on the scroll bar and select the Full Window size > and next click on Apply and Accept

If you want to program a window size to other than minimized, normal or full window; resize the window from the corners to the desired size, position it on the desired location on the screen > Press the CTRL key...
You need to program the application to save the window size, as follows (afaik it applies to most apps):
1. Click the link to launch the desired window
2. Press the CTRL key and hold it pressed.
3. Click on the full size window icon (top right)
4. Go to the application Start menu and click on Exit
5. Release CTRL

To preset full window sizes from the application shortcuts: Right click on the shortcut > Properties > Shortcut tab > Click on the scroll bar and select the Full Window size > and next click on Apply and Accept

If you want to program a window size to other than minimized, normal or full window; resize the window from the corners to the desired size, position it on the desired location on the screen > Press the CTRL key and hold it pressed > Go to the Start menu, and click Exit... and release CTRL.

Setting windows to open full size through registry edition.
Windows 7: Registry Setting for Windows to Open Full Screen
http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/293033-registry-setting-windows-open-full-screen.html

Solution

ranger_23

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2011

Thanx Chicano. I have to log out and close down in order to apply your solutions, because with ie open any fave I pick will open in full window size.
I wouldn't wait to long for an update from me, but let me once again say thank you. I'm sure you've given me the right ways to fix my windows. That's why I come to toms in the first place. I'm no novice but I'm sure I'll be a multi repeat customer to this web site, hahaha. Thanx again.