Windown 7 SSD caching using Intel RST

Shahmatt

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2011
So I've been trying to set up SSD caching.

After accelerating the SSD using the full 64GB of the SSD and restarting, Windows fails to boot.

I get the message "Cache device associated with accelerated disk/volume is not present". In the "Ctrl-I" section I see both my Windows system HDD and SSD labeled as "disabled". The only way to proceed is to "remove" acceleration. On doing this the HDD returns back to it's normal state and I am able to boot, albeit without SSD caching.

So what's going on here? The SSD normally does not show up in Windows, so I initialized it, and tried enabling acceleration but I get the same message.

I tried deleting the SSD partition and doing the same, but no luck.

I tried using 18GB of caching instead of the full 64GB, but no luck as well.

I just keep getting the same message.

I would like to solve this problem without having to format Windows. Is it a problem with Windows? Or a problem with my SSD? Or is it a problem with Intel RST?

My SSD is a Crucial M4 64GB. My Windows HDD is an old Seagate 250GB.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Don't bump posts. - G

Shahmatt

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2011
I have now tried fixing the problem by updating my BIOS firmware version. One thread on the internet pointed out that there can be a mismatch between Intel RST version and the BIOS firmware version, and that this may cause a problem. However after doing this I have had no improvement.

Any other ideas?