Windows 10 0xc000000e - BIOS Only gives a single boot option?

Chaguy

Honorable
Oct 21, 2013
It's starting to get hotter where I live, so I decided to plug in the few additional case fans I have.

They all plug into a single connector that piggy backs off the hard drive power cables.

After plugging this connector in and booting up my PC it presents me with the following:

"Recovery
Your PC needs to be repaired
A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed.
Error code: 0xc000000e
You'll need to use the recovery tools on your installation media.If you don't have any installation media (like a disc or USB drive) contact your system administrator or PC manufacturer.
Press Enter to try again
Press F8 for Startup Settings"

I've read that if the power supply is somehow altered or interrupted and the motherboard power supply drops below what is required, the BIOS can reset and you simply need to re-assign your boot drive.

The issue I am now running into is, although I have 1 HDD and 1 SSD connected, my BIOS does not list either of these as a bootable drive.

I'm at a loss here, any ideas?

BIOS: ASROCK

Moribund

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2014

OK dude. How about this. Unplug the case fans or connect them into a dedicated PSU rail (just for the fans - no other devices, drives etc.) No piggybacking. Now. Pull the CMOS battery out. Wait about a minute. Put it back in. Power on your PC. How about it now? Does the system load? Are the drives visible again in BIOS?

Just out of curiosity. Does your CPU provide enough power for the setup you have? Have you ever used an online power calculator or a kill-a-watt device? If what you're saying is true - it would seem like a prudent strategy to rule out insufficient power issues, no?

Now. As far as the error code. This error usually means that you're dealing with corrupt boot config data. I am not sure if what you said applies or not or may just be an unfortunate coincidence (Seems somewhat dubious because the code denotes an issue with system files on your drive rather than BIOS). But this here is another option you could try to repair the boot configuration https://appuals.com/how-to-fix-boot-error-0xc000000e-on-windows-10/

That error means - the bootloader can not access OS files and load OS.

This can happen, if bootloader is located on one physical drive, OS is installed on second physical drive and and the second one is disconnected.