Windows 10 100% CPU usage new laptop HELP

Feb 5, 2019
Hi all.

Wife got a new Laptop for Christmas.
Aspire ES 15 Datasheet
While installing the essentials (Dropbox/media player classic home cinema/Firefox) she complained about it being very unresponsive. We thought it might be initializing and updating. A few days later we saw it was unable to play youtube. Image would update with several seconds in between and even audio would stutter.
Tried installing google chrome browser to test if it was a Firefox issue but it was the same.
Noticed Task manager always having 98-100% CPU load. No task standing out as a culprit.

acer1.jpg

Tried uninstalling Norton security and a lot of other pre installed stuff .. Tried installing malwarebytes and testing .. then also Avast antivirus and testing.
Was suggested to complete windows update .. That took forever and ever with one update taking almost 48 hours. Didn't help

acer2.jpg

acer3.jpg

Sorry for the long post but I wanted to cover most. I am out of ideas. Does any of you have a suggestion what we can try?

Thanks for trying.

Feb 5, 2019

I do believe the shop was on top on the first screenshot because it might have been updating stuff in the background. As you can see it at 0% on the second screenshot but I have followed that guide and disabled auto updates and changed the pagefile. One thing does also concern me .. I better post that in a new reply.

Feb 5, 2019
It concerns me that there are 170 processes, 2468 threads and 74342 handles on an idle system.
Is that normal? Is that where the world is today that the operating system alone is that bloated?

Feb 5, 2019
After completing updates and disabling shop auto .. It slowly dropped CPU usage to a respectable 7% to 90% idling ..

BUT .. I still can't watch youtube in Firefox or Chrome .. In Edge it works somewhat ok but I ain't about to convert to edge.