Question Windows 10 100% CPU Usage...

theunsgk

Prominent
Jan 20, 2018
I have a mid spec gaming pc that has almost no issues... but sometimes when its idle the cpu usage goes up to around 100%... then when I do anything, say open task manager, it immediately goes down to 2%-ish again! Its almost like it thinks I wont notice!
Can anyone help me with this?

Kamal007v

Honorable
Nov 15, 2014
My startup is fine, I only have the basics... and I also dont mine anything...
You don't have to be a miner to get affected. Torrents or any files downloaded from online websites may have mining malware. I'm not sure about your issue but it's one of the possibilities. They don't show up as an app most of the times. If you have Ccleaner you can go to tools>startup and check for anything that doesn't belong in your pc.

theunsgk

Prominent
Jan 20, 2018
You don't have to be a miner to get affected. Torrents or any files downloaded from online websites may have mining malware. I'm not sure about your issue but it's one of the possibilities. They don't show up as an app most of the times. If you have Ccleaner you can go to tools>startup and check for anything that doesn't belong in your pc.
Ok... but the other thing is it doesnt happen that often. Like sometimes its month apart... so (luckily) its not a recurring thing, but when it happens I just wonder what is going on? Because if I dont do anything, it can keep on going for like 2 minutes.