Windows 10 100% Disk usage HELP!

Maltania

Commendable
Oct 24, 2016
Hello. My computer always runs at 100% disk usage and is super slow. I've tried everything(I think) but I don't know if it was because I upgraded to a 1060 but I think it was like that before just that I didn't see it. If you have any soloutions feel free to post them here but I have probably tried it. Thanks :D
n3fnEOk.jpg

EDIT!: Every now and then it lowers under 95% and even down to 70 or 80% can this information help? The different fixes I did just worked temporarly.

Welcome to the community, @Maltania!

Have you recently updated to Windows 10 or performed a clean install? Did you notice how the HDD usage was before upgrading? I'd strongly recommend you check if you have installed the latest Windows updates. Another thing you should check is the Resource monitor and the Windows Services that could be spiking the usage. You mentioned that you have tried a lot of things regarding the troubleshooting, can you please share, so that we can propose alternative steps to resolving the issue?
I'd also advise you to backup your data somewhere offsite before you proceed with the troubleshooting. It would also be a good idea to run your HDD's brand-specific diagnostic utility to determine the health and SMART status of the drive.

Keep us posted. :)
SuperSoph_WD

Maltania

Commendable
Oct 24, 2016

Okay so I found out that after it has been powered up for an hour or so the problem is gone but when i restart the computer it went back to 100% again. Thanks for the answer and does this information help?