Windows 10 1803 auto update failed help

Jul 12, 2018
Hi guys,

I recently upgraded the HDD in my computer and was trying to do a clean install of 1803. This failed and after many hours i gave up and just installed a previous version of windows 10 i had. Version 1511. It would fail presumably because of GPU driver issues but all the fixes i tried never worked. So anyway, its been working fine until this morning i came to the computer yet again sitting on a black screen. Windows auto updated to 1803. So after again trying multiple fixes i resorted to reinstalling back to 1511.

Question is, 1511 is no longer supported and i would like to be somewhat up to date. Can I just install 1709? and or is there a solution to the black screen issue with 1803?

Solution
Well turns out the issue was a PCI-E Wireless card i had in the system that i forgot was there.
It was a driver related issue with that. Removed and the install finished without a black screen.

Posting in case anyone else runs into the same issue.
Jul 12, 2018
Well turns out the issue was a PCI-E Wireless card i had in the system that i forgot was there.
It was a driver related issue with that. Removed and the install finished without a black screen.

Posting in case anyone else runs into the same issue.

Solution