Question Windows 10 1903 and Acer Aspire Z3-710 input devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

clawrence111

Reputable
Nov 8, 2014
I have an Acer Aspire Z3-710 All-In-One with touch screen. After updating to Windows 10 1903 from 1803, ALL input devices stop working (mouse, keyboard and touch screen). They actually do work up to a point that allows me to access the BIOS setup and boot menu. When I go to boot menu and boot to a Windows 10 install USB I can repair and uninstall last feature update. this takes me back to 1803 and everything works well. attempting to install 1903 again then breaks ALL input devices and I can't get to the logon screen. don't even see a mouse pointer. just the generic Windows screen. I checked Acer support for new drivers but all are several years old and match what are installed.
Any ideas?

clawrence111

Reputable
Nov 8, 2014
that is about the most useless answer I have ever seen from a moderator. seriously, you don't think I could figure that out? sooner or later these updates are going to happen. I am looking for a real solution.

Thank you for taking the time to answer, but I prefer more thoughtful responses.

clawrence111

Reputable
Nov 8, 2014
Acer is no help. that's why I'm here where the brain trust resides. I was hoping someone might have experienced something similar.

I have these followed these instructions so I wouldn't need to log in after the update, but it just stops at the Lock Screen

Automatically finish setting up a PC after an update or restart

• Speed up the Windows sign-in process by following these steps to automatically sign in and set up your PC after an update or restart. We'll then lock your device to help keep your account and personal info safe. Do one of the following, depending on which version of Windows 10 you have installed:
    • For Windows 10 (version 1709 and later), select the Start Windows logo Start button button, select Settings Gear-shaped Settings icon > Accounts Contact icon > Sign-in options. Under Privacy, turn on Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device and reopen my apps after an update or restart.
    • For previous versions of Windows 10, select the Start Windows logo Start button button, select Settings Gear-shaped Settings icon > Update & Security Circular arrows Sync icon > Windows Update Circular arrows Sync icon > Advanced options, then select the check box next to Use my sign in info to automatically finish setting up my device after an update.

Last edited:

clawrence111

Reputable
Nov 8, 2014
For anybody that has a similar problem, I have learned that a clean install of Windows 10 1903 resolves the issue, so it is apparently something corrupted in the Windows 10 1803. With a clean install of 1903, all input devices work properly, just not when upgrading from 1803. I never found what was corrupted but time dictates moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.