[SOLVED] Windows 10 1903 audio problem

Jerahya

Reputable
Jul 23, 2016
I had this problem with a very low audio maybe half of what it used to after updating to 1903 a while ago. I tried all the possible solution I can do with it but it doesn't seam to do anything.

Before updating to 1903 I did have the same problem but uninstalling audio driver and installing the right realtek audio driver for it does the job. But after updating it went down noticeable by half or more. I went to allot of settings, even though windows 10 settings is all over the place, I've already set every possible settings I can think of to get the audio louder but doesn't do much at all compared to what it was.
I've already set L and R channel volume to max, disabled/enabled enhancement, Loudness Equ, uninstall and reinstall all possible driver I can get, reset all settings, run audio troubleshooting. all the possible solution you can think of or solution I find in the net, none of it works.

The thing that is audio troubleshoot says generic driver detected even though I already install the audio driver for it . I can no longer rollback since I only have 120SSD for system drive and I always make sure its clean so update backup are long gone after every update.

I also have old board on this which is a Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3. Other PC that I have very loud audio using the same headset except for this one.

Is anyone having the same problem and possible fix for this?

Jerahya

Reputable
Jul 23, 2016
Yeah, it's a known issue. M$ stuffed up. Tom's did have an article on this and work around fixes but for some reason the article link is giving me an 403 forbidden error.

Another article;

well that was something I didn't find while search.

Regedit:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search]“CortanaConsent”=dword:00000001

Basically just change CortanaConsent’s value from 0 to 1. This may require reboot or logout.”

reboot and got my audio back in videos and games. :S And I had this issue for a month. I hated Cortana since the beginning, I just hated it more now.

Thanks for pointing the article out to me.

Reactions: boju

Jerahya

Reputable
Jul 23, 2016
I do hope. Every update they make I always get issues in all PC and laptop that I use. But it sure feels good to listen to my music will all the beats and bass all clear in my ears and hearing enemies when playing.