[SOLVED] Windows 10 1909 start menu not showing up

gigabyte2020

Honorable
Apr 14, 2016
Hello guys,
I just finished with my build and I heard that forza horizon 4 doesnt work on win 10 2004 so I decided to install win 10 1909 to start with and then now the start menu wont show up. I did some troubleshooting on some of the solutions online one of them including to install 2020-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems (KB4528760) and When I tried to download it manually and install it; I received an error that its not compatible with my computer. (when I type anything and hit enter; it opens the folder or file am typing for) but it doesnt show up the start menu and when I checked my windows; it obviously having files from 2019 but my concern here is if I clicked on check for updates and let if update, will it automatically jumps me to ver 2004 directly?? (I really hope not)
Thanks 💙

Solution
But my concern here is if I clicked on check for updates and let if update, will it automatically jumps me to ver 2004 directly?? (I really hope not)
probably will. Especially since very soon they will release 2010 (maybe this week). Be great if you could pause individual updates, best you can do is postpone all of them for a few weeks.

Do you know for sure that update fixes start as tbh I never had a problem with start on 1909 or 2004. So that sounds like your install is broken in some way. you might be better off reinstalling and assuming whatever broke start doesn't happen again. Have you got latest GPU drivers as that might help.

have you tried this?
right click start button
choose powershell (admin)
type SFC...

Colif

Win 11 Master
But my concern here is if I clicked on check for updates and let if update, will it automatically jumps me to ver 2004 directly?? (I really hope not)
probably will. Especially since very soon they will release 2010 (maybe this week). Be great if you could pause individual updates, best you can do is postpone all of them for a few weeks.

Do you know for sure that update fixes start as tbh I never had a problem with start on 1909 or 2004. So that sounds like your install is broken in some way. you might be better off reinstalling and assuming whatever broke start doesn't happen again. Have you got latest GPU drivers as that might help.

have you tried this?
right click start button
type SFC /scannow and press enter
once its completed, copy/paste this command into same window:

Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth
and press enter

SFC fixes system files, second command cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC

Solution

gigabyte2020

Honorable
Apr 14, 2016

have you tried this?
right click start button
type SFC /scannow and press enter
once its completed, copy/paste this command into same window:

Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth
and press enter

SFC fixes system files, second command cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC

Thanks for your reply. So I went with checking for updates and fortunately it only downloaded updates for ver 1909 only and yea the issue got fixed after it Thank God.
I have another concern after resolving this issue and I wrote a thread for it, would you mind looking into it also? Thanks :D :D