Windows 10 2 monitors 2 different refresh rates problem

veetitoiviainen

Commendable
Aug 25, 2018
Hi
I’m having a problem where I have 2 monitors with different refresh rates, one is a benq 144hz monitor and the other one is some old lg vga monitor that is connected with vga to dp. I have a gtx 1070
The problem is that when I use both monitors the main screen doesn’t feel like 144hz it feels choppy, laggy and microstuttering and makes games hard to play, in fast movement it’s really noticetable
When I did the ufo test on chrome it showed on the 144hz monitor that it was 60hz and on opera it showed 144hz, as soon as I had anything on the other monitor the fps in the ufo test starts to jump around and it fails to vsync.
I have tried the usual changing the perform scaling to Gpu on both
Any ideas what is going on?

UFO test doesn't always give correct results when you have other stuff going on, that's why it says at the bottom of the page:
IMPORTANT: Close all apps and other browser tabs and windows for best performance! Keep Aero turned on.
*Problems? Check Your Browser. Supported Browsers with VSYNC: Chrome (up to 240Hz+), FireFox 24+ (up to 240Hz+), IE 10+ (Limited to 60Hz).

veetitoiviainen

Commendable
Aug 25, 2018

Yeah I know, I can feel the refresh rate jumping around in games, in cs go I have +400fps and it feels awful