[SOLVED] Windows 10 2004 Update issues

Mar 17, 2020
Hello! I have been trying to update to Windows 10 2004 for a while now but it always fails and gives me the 0xc1900101 0x40017 error. I have tried all the fixes that I found.

I have:

1. Disconnected external hardware.

2. Disabled third party security software

3. Searched for, and updated drivers.

4. Used Windows Update Assistant

5. Used Media Creation tool.

6. Performed a Clean Boot.

None of these fixes have helped.

I hope you can help me!

Best Regards.
David

Mar 17, 2020
Did Windows Update notify you version 2004 was available or are you trying to force an update? There have been problems with 2004 on some machines so Microsoft may be preventing the update based on the hardware in your system.
Yea I got notified. I also just updated my BIOS, and when I tried installing the update again I got a BSOD saying "Page Fault In Non Paged Area" when the PC was restarting and it would not boot after that(nearly gave me a heart attack). But luckily after I unplugged everything except the keyboard, mouse and display it started again and reverted me back to the 1909 version of Windows. Do you think it's a good idea to try updating again with everything disconnected, or is it too risky?

Yea I got notified. I also just updated my BIOS, and when I tried installing the update again I got a BSOD saying "Page Fault In Non Paged Area" when the PC was restarting and it would not boot after that(nearly gave me a heart attack). But luckily after I unplugged everything except the keyboard, mouse and display it started again and reverted me back to the 1909 version of Windows. Do you think it's a good idea to try updating again with everything disconnected, or is it too risky?
There is nothing important in the 2004 update. You can pause the "feature update" in the Advanced options of Windows Update.