Windows 10 32 bit to 64 bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

legacygeek

Reputable
Jun 25, 2015
my question is hopefully simple, I am now running Windows 7 32 bit (yeah I know, antique) but will the copy I reserved allow me to bring my computer into this decade and the architecture of windows 64. If not what will I have to do to get a 64 bit windows 10 installed? thanks guys Tom's is always my goto forum.

Solution
Assuming your hardware is not ancient, you can likely run the 64-bit version of Win 10. That being said, you can not upgrade any 32-bit version of Windows to a 64-bit version. This requires a full, clean install.

Don't feel too bad about still running Win 7, you are not alone, not by a long shot.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Assuming your hardware is not ancient, you can likely run the 64-bit version of Win 10. That being said, you can not upgrade any 32-bit version of Windows to a 64-bit version. This requires a full, clean install.

Don't feel too bad about still running Win 7, you are not alone, not by a long shot.

Solution

what's your computer?

can you post your system specs?

here is windows 10 min system requirements"

Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster
RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)
Free hard disk space: 16 GB
Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver
A Microsoft account and Internet access

To this i would suggest you double the ram requirements, and quadruple the hard drive space requirements

legacygeek

Reputable
Jun 25, 2015
Thanks, all my hardware is brand new, I just built it in the last 3 months, and I fully intend to do a clean install, but I guess what I was asking is, will the final copy of Windows 10 be able to install 64 bit? when I purchased windows 7 it had 2 Discs one for each architecture, is the Windows 10 ISO going to have both. Since I reserved my copy from a windows 7 32 bit machine this has me worried that the ISO will only be for 32 bit. thanks for taking time to answer my questions

USAFRet

Titan

If you upgrade directly on that particular PC, yes, it will probably be 32bit.
Will you be able to change to 64bit? Unknown.

Wait until after July 29, and we will have further info.

Status
Not open for further replies.