Question Windows 10 5.1 & 7.1 Not working.

Jan 14, 2019
The short: I have been trying to upgrade to a better quality Headset (Sennheiser GSP 600 or Cloud Revolver 2) and am having issues getting them to play 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound.

The long: I have been at this issue for about a month now. My sound works fine on an old pair of Plantronics Gamecom 788's which appear to have an 3rd party app that forces the 5.1/7.1 to work. When I try switching back to the GSP 600's I can set the device in both Asus Realtek HD Audio Manager and Sound Playback settings to 5.1 or 7.1 but can only hear from 2 of the speakers (right and left) The reset just cycle through without playing anything.

I then tried purchasing the Sennheiser GSX 1000 AMP in hopes that it would be a plug and play solution to this...nope. When I plug the GSX into the USB port, it gets recognized and when you go to Configure under Spound-Playback it says "This device is not configured for 5.1/7.1".

What I have done:
1: Purchased a new MOBO based off of MSI saying my MOBO was bad. (Moved from an older i7 to the Ryzen 5) Same issue happens
2: Reimaged (reset) both SSD's to a clean copy of Windows 10. Issues still exists

I feel like I am missing something so simple...Someone...please help me. (I will be attaching screenshots to see if that can help)
zlBQSUz

My specs:
CPU :AMD Ryzen 5 2600x
MOBO: ASUS Prime X470-Pro
RAM: 2x8 dim 3000 DDR4
GPU: EVGA 970
PSU: CORSAIR 1000w
SSD: 2x 500GB Samsung 850 Evo

Jan 14, 2019

Yes. I set it as default communication device followed by doing the Configuration portion with 5.1. This is where only the left and right sound tests "ding". The rest of the speakers show they are responding but nothing comes through any headset.