[SOLVED] Windows 10 64-bit and windows 7 32-bit in different hard disks on same PC

Feb 8, 2021
Hi everyone!
My office's 2010 desktop has windows 7 32bit on an HDD. I want to upgrade it by installing an SSD with windows 10 64bit as the master disk and keeping the old hard disk as the secondary storage disk. Since some of my old professional programs are 32bit edition i would like to keep windows 32bit on the old HDD and boot it if and when it's needed. I have also read that i can use each one as a recovery drive for the other one. Are all these possible? Would any problem occure? What actions do i need to take (i.e. do i need to keep my old HDD partitioned with the 32bit O.S. in one fragment and the other fragment used as storage place)? Any advice in general. Thank you!

Solution
I mean using each drive for saving the back up of the other one.

So is it impossible to use both at the same time, one as the O.S. drive and storage and the other simply as a storage drive, even if fragmented?
I absolutely would not.
"some of my old professional programs " - You need to reduce the possibility of messing that up.

I would have a 3rd drive for that.
Each drive/OS writing a backup on whatever schedule you want, with whatever software. (not just the built in Windows thing)

And another that is almost always offline.

USAFRet

Titan
I mean using each drive for saving the back up of the other one.

So is it impossible to use both at the same time, one as the O.S. drive and storage and the other simply as a storage drive, even if fragmented?
I absolutely would not.
"some of my old professional programs " - You need to reduce the possibility of messing that up.

I would have a 3rd drive for that.
Each drive/OS writing a backup on whatever schedule you want, with whatever software. (not just the built in Windows thing)

And another that is almost always offline.

Reactions: nmanax300
Solution