Windows 10 64 bit driver problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragahv

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2012
Hello I am using the MSI X99s Gaming 7 motherboard with the GTX 980 video card.

I am having trouble obtaining the correct driver for the GTX 980 and the msi motherboard.

What I want is the best resolution. I need the video memory to show exactly 4GB in dxdiag but instead it shows as 20000MB which is obviously a windows glitch. I have the Nvidia control panel. It is showing 4GB of vram. However the dxdiag utility is not showing this correctly. So I guess there is still some problem with the driver. Please tell me how to fix the glitch.

- Since I have windows 10 I need the update for the driver but that driver I installed specifically made for windows 10, has given me very poor results since my resolution has dramatically changed. I have used the Nvidia software to search for the windows 10 driver and it has found it but the driver is not very well coded. I am using DVI-VGA connection not HDMI however it should not matter because they output the same resolution anyway. The only difference is that hdmi also includes HD sound.

So I use a VGA 15" monitor. It should not be that that's the problem because even I use my banq 2024HD monitor (4K) it still happens. Maybe GTX 980 is not made for windows 10. That's why the new drivers are realy badly made?

I can roll back the windows 10 driver to the windows 8.1 one that gives me the best resolution.
I can change the resolution to high so that everything looks nice and clean and the text is nice clear and small and not TOO large.

When I play a game, it says that the video card is not compatable. I do not have onboard graphics.

Solution
First, make sure you update to the latest build available. Currently there is a higher video card driver version being pushed through Windows Update then you can download from NVidia. You may be able to download Windows 10 drivers from MSI's website for the motherboard.
Howdy.
Nvidia has released official drivers for Windows 10 for the GTX 9xx range which you can get from their site.
Also, you will want to update your Windows to the lastest build. It certainly fixed some issues I was having with drivers and my older GTX560 card.

kyllien

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
First, make sure you update to the latest build available. Currently there is a higher video card driver version being pushed through Windows Update then you can download from NVidia. You may be able to download Windows 10 drivers from MSI's website for the motherboard.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.