Windows 10 64bit 8 Gigs of RAM installed only 3.9 usable

Jul 27, 2018
Hey everyone,
Windows 10 (64bit) is currently showing that only 3.9 out of my 8 gigs of RAM is currently usable. My specs are
Ryzen 5 2600
ASUS Prime X370-A
GTX 1070 Ti
Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB (2x4GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C15 Memory

I've tried switching the sticks in the DIMM slots and tested each stick individually and they both work, cleaning the DIMM slots, checked the QVL from the mobo website, and going into msconfig and turning off max memory. CPU-Z shows that I have dual channel and recognizes that I have 8 gigs available and task manager also shows that I have the 8 gigs but 4.1 of it is hardware reserved which leads me to believe that the issue isn't RAM related? I'm stumped and any advice would help.
Thanks

Solution
That could be a RAM compatibility issue. Are you sure that RAM is listed in the Ryzen 2nd Gen QVL? What's the model #?
Make sure to place the RAM modules on slots A2 (2nd from CPU) and B2 (4th from CPU) and change the speed to 2933MHz.
Upgrade your BIOS.
That could be a RAM compatibility issue. Are you sure that RAM is listed in the Ryzen 2nd Gen QVL? What's the model #?
Make sure to place the RAM modules on slots A2 (2nd from CPU) and B2 (4th from CPU) and change the speed to 2933MHz.
Upgrade your BIOS.

Solution

medab1

Honorable
Dec 20, 2012
Try setting Virtual Memory to Automatic.

screenshot_52.jpg