Windows 10 & 7 Dual Boot Problem

Steven_98

Commendable
Jul 22, 2016
Recently setup a custom build Windows 10 for client. System worked properly and client wanted old PC's HDD installed and made bootable in new system. Installed old HDD, setup all drivers, computer ran perfectly. Old HDD had windows 7 new HDD had windows 10 everything booted properly.
Recently client installed something screwy which ended up corrupting the boot on the windows 10 HDD. Normal repair options were not working and since the build was so new I decided to reinstall windows 10 rather then spend time trying to manually repair.
When reinstalling windows 10 I did not unplug the old HDD. Now that everything is reinstalled for some reason the windows 7 boot manager is no longer accessible and I can not boot into windows 7 any longer. The data is all still intact but it is acting as if the windows 10 install merged the 2 HDD.
Symptoms include;
Computer can not boot into windows 10 unless both HDD are connected.
When I disconnected the windows 10 HDD and try to repair windows 7 with boot media it errors saying incorrect version of windows.
When I run bootrec /scanos on the windows 7 HDD it shows me the C: drive of the windows 10 HDD that is not even plugged in.

I messed up bad. I wanted to see if anyone knew a way to separate and repair the drives without just simply reinstalling the OS's from scratch. All the data has been backed up so I am not concerned about that.