Question Windows 10/8 or Windows 7 - Which is better?

Colif

Titan
it depends

It depends on what you use PC for
It depends on how old the PC is - if its too old you better off staying on win 7 as driver support becomes a problem

Win 10 can run 95% of all software that runs on other two so no real need to use them if PC is within last 7 years or so.

opinion pieces always end well (sarcasm) and its been a while between this and when win 10 came out and the knives were out to protect 7. Lets see how this goes...

rscheetah30

Prominent
Jun 8, 2018
Windows 10 has pretty much all the drivers you'll need no matter how old your pc is. Of course, I'm talking no older than say an Amd X2 dual core or an Intel D 945 or something like that. And of course providing you have at least 2 GB of ram, it will run fine.

So Windows 10 it is for me.

Colif

Titan
I like Win 7 because, So far I have not found out some good way to turn Auto Updates Off on Windows 10.
Do you agree?
I think you can if you have Windows 10 Pro.

Otherwise, its by design. They don't want people staying on older versions of windows 10, they only want to support at most 3 different versions, the last 3. Some of the version updates include security patches that fix holes that could be exploited in previous versions.

Win 10 isn't like Win 7, its constantly being developed. Unlike 7, you don't have to install the original version every time and update it, you can download the latest build and only download max of about 5 patches. That beats Win 7 which needs about 300 if you clean installed it now.

That and updates only install if there is anything on your PC that needs an update. Once a month isn't that hard really.

you can't turn them off but they no where near as bad as they were on 7.

Reactions: sushant_ocv

al92

Prominent
Oct 29, 2017
I've used XP, 7 & 10 extensively, but hated 8 & 8.1 with a vengeance. Utterly rubbish! I marginally prefer 10 now but did think in some areas that 7 was more user-friendly. Also, if like me you enjoy playing older PC games (for XP or older), 7 is much easier. But honestly, once you get used to 10 it's fine.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS