[SOLVED] Windows 10 account

Ivan Tuzikov

Honorable
Nov 10, 2016
Hello everybody. I am going to buy a new notebook for my wife. It is going to be with preinstalled Windows 10. But on her current notebook there is also Windows 10.

So, I have 3 questions:

1. Can I enter existing Win 10 account on the new notebook?

2. Will it disable license on old notebook?

3. How to clear all personal data in order to get clean Windows 10 (without any account) on old notebook for reselling?

P.S. Old notebook once had Windows 8.1. Then I upgraded it for free to Windows 10 and it asked to create Win 10 account. If I do simple factory default operation from BIOS it will return to Windows 8.1 (I suppose so) which is bad for selling at a later date.

Feb 1, 2020
A simple way to clear out her data is to delete her account altogether. Before you delete her entire account, create a backup of all her files, then create a new account the new owner can use with Administrator privileges. Assuming its Windows 10 Home under Settings-->Accounts-->Family & other users, click on "Add someone else to this PC". Sign into the new account and delete the old account.

Feb 1, 2020
Or just re-image the hard drive from the backup you hopefully made right after the upgrade. Then follow USAFRet's advice about removing the MS Account. You did make a backup, right?