Question Windows 10 acting weird on first boot

grchris32

Reputable
Dec 26, 2017
Hello, it has been a few months since my last clean installation of windows 10.

The past few weeks I have noticed that sometimes when I boot my PC windows is acting strangely.

For example : If I right click to open the menu and hit refresh, the refresh button stays on the screen. Apps take forever to load, some dont load at all.

If I hit restart or shutdown the loading icon next to the cursor appears non-stop as if something is loading but nothing happens (no restart or shutdown).

However this all gets fixed if I shut the PC down by holding the power button and booting the system up for the second time.

Anyone got any ideas? My software appears to be up-to-date.

Specs:
3900x
3080Ti
32gb 3200mhz
new psu : bequiet straight power 1200w platinum
Also my windows is on a 970Evo

Sep 17, 2022
Your system has a slight chance of having malicious software installed. While your system is running slow, try to open task manager and inspect the running processes and look for anything suspicious. You can also run an antivirus program and scan your system for malware. I myself recommend Malwarebytes as even after the free trial its still a great scanner! It has never let me down.

grchris32

Reputable
Dec 26, 2017
Your system has a slight chance of having malicious software installed. While your system is running slow, try to open task manager and inspect the running processes and look for anything suspicious. You can also run an antivirus program and scan your system for malware. I myself recommend Malwarebytes as even after the free trial its still a great scanner! It has never let me down.
Hello, I used malwarebytes to scan my PC and it found nothing. I don't think its a virus since I havent downloaded anything shady. The issue im describing in the original post seems too specific to be caused by a virus, any other ideas?

EDIT : It's not exactly running slow. Its not lagging. Stuff just doesn't want to load properly/ load at all.

Last edited: