[SOLVED] Windows 10 Activation Error 0xc0000022 and 0xcC004F012

Jun 8, 2020
I have been experiencing this problem on my laptop, where it says I have not activated Windows 10 yet, even though it's been activated for the past 3 years, up until now. I get both errors 0xc0000022 and 0xcC004F012 when I try to troubleshoot it in Settings.

I have tried enabling/starting up the Software Protection in Services but it will not start, it says Error 5: Access is denied. I have tried taking ownership of the file in /System32, but no luck.

I have ran all the DISMs scans and sfc/scannow, but no luck. They all report back that there was no issue or corrupt files found. I have also tried restoring my system to an older restore point, but it did not work. My Microsoft account has also been linked to my Windows 10 Home edition all this time.

I am running Windows 10 Home, the newest 2004 Update. I did not buy Windows 10 from Microsoft, it came preinstalled and activated on my HP laptop.

Solution
Microsoft are likely to ones who need to help with activation as they can fix it from their end if its a bug.
You may need to follow the steps here - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...r/071bedea-e03e-4b86-b6ef-465d9f7d0422?auth=1

You may also need to contact HP since its likely a volume licence - big OEM licences are different.

Only licenses that run out of date are educational, I doubt that comes pre installed on a HP laptop though, even if you did buy it at a school (not saying you did)

Colif

Win 11 Master
Microsoft are likely to ones who need to help with activation as they can fix it from their end if its a bug.
You may need to follow the steps here - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...r/071bedea-e03e-4b86-b6ef-465d9f7d0422?auth=1

You may also need to contact HP since its likely a volume licence - big OEM licences are different.

Only licenses that run out of date are educational, I doubt that comes pre installed on a HP laptop though, even if you did buy it at a school (not saying you did)

Solution
Jun 8, 2020
Hey Colif,
I'm just wondering if there are any other ways to fix this problem without contacting HP or Microsoft. This is not meant to imply that I have a cracked version of Windows 10 or anything (I don't), but any easier way would be greatly appreciated. If not, all good and I'll give them a call 👍