windows 10 activation help

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltimateRob97

Reputable
Feb 4, 2015
I know ive posted before but I realized what has happened. my windows account alerted me on both my devices but I was only eligible for one upgrade, so now I have two windows 10 and one wont let me activate it obviously. I do have a spare laptop with windows 8 that I can use, maybe I can get the key from that one(if I upgraded it) and use it on my pc. then tell Microsoft ive 'changed my hardware' and to activate the product on the current pc. I dunno if this is possible, but they have really annoyed me letting me upgrade both but then saying I'm only eligible for one... why alert both my devices then -_-

sorry for spamming forum again

Solution

No, just one.

UltimateRob97

Reputable
Feb 4, 2015
no basically my pc was upgraded first. then I did my laptop, which just made my pc not activated. how would I go about downgrading my new laptop back to 8? or maybe I could get rid of windows 8 off my old laptop, put it on my pc and then upgrade to 10?

to be honest I cant even tell the difference between activated and non activated? what does it actually stop me doing?

UltimateRob97

Reputable
Feb 4, 2015
when I looked it up, it says this;

One copy of Windows might have been installed on multiple PCs (error 0xC004C008)

If you have one copy of Windows and installed it on more than one PC, activation might not work because the product key has already been used on another PC, or it's being used on more PCs than the Microsoft Software License Terms allow.

If your product key is being used on more PCs than the Microsoft Software License Terms allow, you'll need to buy a new product key or copy of Windows for each of your PCs in order to activate them.

does that mean I'm going to have to buy two of the codes?! :O

USAFRet

Titan

No, just one.

Solution

Rock Climber

Reputable
Aug 3, 2015
You can use windows unactivated for 30 days. After that, it only lets you run one program at a time, only lets the pc stay turned on for two hours at a time, and consistently nags you with a warning screen that your copy of windows isn't genuine.

boshettee

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2014

Microsoft announced today they are experiencing activation problems due to load on their servers and those how update and are experiencing this problem to please give them more time. ?how much time...who knows but a day or two should be plenty

Status
Not open for further replies.