[SOLVED] Windows 10 Activation issue

Mar 15, 2020
Hello , I have a slight issue with the activation of my Windows 10 Pro.

I downloaded Pro but when I activated Windows Pro it changed to the Enterprise version.

I have read that Microsoft's Accessibility Offer was still available up until Jan 14, 2020 when last checked.

What I would like to know is if I could use my Windows 7 Pro activation key within the settings "Change Product Key" to reactivate my Windows 10 Pro , Or would I be better off with a clean install , Meaning a format of my hard drive and reinstalling Windows 10 Pro from my flash drive.

Thank You for any helpful advice.

Solution
It would appear to me that the 2 keys you have are for enterprise. Pro keys wouldn't keep you to Enterprise unless that is the version they are for. MAK keys are volume licences, it appears who ever sold them is using wrong key.

I can't help you make them non enterprise. I don't think its possible. the activation is done online, windows sees those keys as Enterprise and that is what it installs.

you can install win 10 without a key, but you likely need to unlink the current keys from the PC before that or it likely activate using one of them and upgrade you to enterprise again - https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/35979-uninstall-product-key-deactivate-windows-10-a.html

If you have a MIcrosoft account -...

Colif

Win 11 Master
Mar 15, 2020
Hi Colif, Thanks for the link but I have tried two Pro activation keys using the way mentioned in the link and both kept my Windows at Enterprise version, I did a check and the keys are and were a MAK type.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Multiple activation key
A Multiple Activation Key (MAK) is commonly used in small- or mid-sized organizations that have a volume licensing agreement, but they do not meet the requirements to operate a KMS or they prefer a simpler approach. A MAK also allows permanent activation of computers that are isolated from the KMS or are part of an isolated network that does not have enough computers to use the KMS.

To use a MAK, the computers to be activated must have a MAK installed. The MAK is used for one-time activation with the Microsoft online hosted activation services, by telephone, or by using VAMT proxy activation. In the simplest terms, a MAK acts like a retail key, except that a MAK is valid for activating multiple computers. Each MAK can be used a specific number of times. The VAMT can assist in tracking the number of activations that have been performed with each key and how many remain.

Organizations can download MAK and KMS keys from the Volume Licensing Service Center website. Each MAK has a preset number of activations, which are based on a percentage of the count of licenses the organization purchases; however, you can increase the number of activations that are available with your MAK by calling Microsoft.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...-activation/plan-for-volume-activation-client

Where did you get the keys from as I would perhaps ask for a non MAK and probably just a retail copy of win 10. You have no control over when/if that licence won't allow a new install. It appears they gave you the wrong key(s).

Colif

Win 11 Master
It would appear to me that the 2 keys you have are for enterprise. Pro keys wouldn't keep you to Enterprise unless that is the version they are for. MAK keys are volume licences, it appears who ever sold them is using wrong key.

I can't help you make them non enterprise. I don't think its possible. the activation is done online, windows sees those keys as Enterprise and that is what it installs.

you can install win 10 without a key, but you likely need to unlink the current keys from the PC before that or it likely activate using one of them and upgrade you to enterprise again - https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/35979-uninstall-product-key-deactivate-windows-10-a.html

If you have a MIcrosoft account - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...icrosoft/bb890293-008b-475b-833b-58296e7371cf

if you remove the keys, when you install Pro again, and reach screen asking for licence, click "I don't have one" and win 10 will continue install, and will remain inactivated but at least it would be Pro.

Solution