Question windows 10 activation

bskiran1811

Reputable
May 23, 2019
I encountered problem in my pc which ha Windows 8 Pro(not activated). I upgraded my pc to AMD CPU Ryzen3 3200 and Asus Motherboard A320m-k. I had the motherboard seller update the OS to Windows 10 as Windows 8 pro was not supported. I am unable to activate Windows 10. How do I resolve i

bskiran1811

Reputable
May 23, 2019
I encountered problem in my pc which ha Windows 8 Pro(not activated). I upgraded my pc to AMD CPU Ryzen3 3200 and Asus Motherboard A320m-k. I had the motherboard seller update the OS to Windows 10 as Windows 8 pro was not supported. I am unable to activate Windows 10. How do I resolve i

Lutfij

Titan
If you don't have a license key for Windows 10, you're not going to be able to activate the OS. If you're looking for options as to how you can pirate the OS, sorry we can't help you with that front either.

FYI, you can actually use your system while the OS is not activated, it doesn't have any drawbacks, unless you want to tinker under the hood of the OS.

USAFRet

Titan
He installed Win 10 and left it unactivated.
Which is where you are now.

You can either purchase a valid WIn 10 license, or leave it like it is, and live with the small restrictions.

You can buy windows keys for ~£3 on eBay. Once you receive it, and activate it, open CMD and type "slmgr -dli" if it says OEM channel or RETAIL channel then you are good. However, if it says VOLUME or KMS or something like that, you will have to tell the seller they gave you a volume key, and they will very kindly refund or replace, otherwise you could use eBay money back guarantee.

bskiran1811

Reputable
May 23, 2019
The problem is when i went to motherboard supplier stating windows 8 is not booting, he was not able to figure out issue, so I suggested we upgrade to windows 10,then he activated windows 8 from his system and loaded windows 10.Now I am unable to activate window 10 the windows 8 pro is a licensed version

USAFRet

Titan
The problem is when i went to motherboard supplier stating windows 8 is not booting, he was not able to figure out issue, so I suggested we upgrade to windows 10,then he activated windows 8 from his system and loaded windows 10.Now I am unable to activate window 10 the windows 8 pro is a licensed version
Well, this is between you, him, and Microsoft.
There is no magical Activation routine, other than inputting a valid license key.

Reactions: ConanLock