[SOLVED] Windows 10/ Adobe conflict

Sep 4, 2019
I recently ditched my old iMac and bought a new Dell all-in-one desktop with Windows 10 OS, Intel i7 processor,16GB Ram, NVidia GeForce GTX1050 with 4GB GDDR memory. It also has a 256 SSD and a 1TB hard drive. I bought it as my hobby is photography and I use Adobe software (Photoshop CC, Lightroom CC and some others) to process my photos thinking this spec would be fine - but not the case. This may be a mistake but I installed all software on the SSD drive leaving only 127 GB free and found that when I used Photoshop and Lightroom the computer crashed and I got the blue screen every time. I hope someone on this forum can help with advice as my computer knowledge is now well out of date. Thanks in advance.

Solution
I can't help, at least not directly, but I would strongly suggest you contact Adobe support regarding this. There is nothing in your description of your specs and available space on your SSD which should be triggering BSODs.

Also, for other assistants, having the error codes from the BSODs is vital. See the pinned topic on this forum, Handy details to include in Blue Screen of Death posts, for other things that are important to provide in order to get the best, quickest, and most accurate assistance.

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
I can't help, at least not directly, but I would strongly suggest you contact Adobe support regarding this. There is nothing in your description of your specs and available space on your SSD which should be triggering BSODs.

Also, for other assistants, having the error codes from the BSODs is vital. See the pinned topic on this forum, Handy details to include in Blue Screen of Death posts, for other things that are important to provide in order to get the best, quickest, and most accurate assistance.

Solution
Can the computer operates normally by now?

If yes, I suggest you uninstall the Adobe programs, then installing them again, but this time you specify the program location to your harddrive instead of the ssd.

Windows doesn't operate well (or maybe not at all) when the OS drive/partition gets full.