Windows 10 and nVidia drivers issues while streaming YouTube.

siberia60

Commendable
Aug 14, 2016
Hello!

Back with another issue.

Past few days, while streaming video off YouTube, or any other video streaming sites, the image goes black, it flickers for a while with black and green screens and Windows suddenly acts like it's been restarted. (Logs off, and after logging back on it restars the startup procedure.) Only, that when it does restart, it has uninstalled the nVidia drivers.

I'm using Win 10 Pro, installing the latest nVidia drivers with GeForce Experience (At the moment of the post we're talking 372.54).

After the sudden restart, when I go back into GeForce Experience, it shows me that the driver is uninstalled. Same thing when going into Device Manager, the little yellow triangle with an exclamation mark is on the Video Card. Afterwards, the instalation works well, clean install or not. And the frequency of the issue is random, since it happend two, three times in one day, but went for another day without any issues. So far, it happend about 6-7 times.

Running an i7-6700k with 16 Gb DDR 4 on an NVME Samsung M.2 with a GeForce GTX 660. (MB and video card are both from Gigabyte)

Any ideas to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Solution
Hi siberia60 :)

I have similar issues using GForce Experience to update drivers.
Go to the NVidia support site for your driver download and install it with administrator privilege.
Works for me.