Windows 10 and Store (Xbox) Account

dsr07mm

Distinguished
If I buy some game on my account which is apparently email adress from back in time when "Games for Windows LIVE" was a thing, I still see my achievements and play time. I activated free Minecraft copy and now I'm looking forward to buy some games in future after seeing Gears of War 4 etc for Windows 10 including Quantum Break.

My question is next, is my account/game library linked only to account itself or it's linked to current activation key which I'm using for Windows 10 ? Can I login with my account on my wife PC, with different Windows 10 key and still have the games and apps ?

Solution
Your account is linked to the email address including your purchases. The Windows 10 activation key is currently locked to the system. So anything you purchase will be known from any Windows 10 system you log into whether it is a Phone, Xbox, PC, Tablet, Etc.

caqde

Distinguished
Your account is linked to the email address including your purchases. The Windows 10 activation key is currently locked to the system. So anything you purchase will be known from any Windows 10 system you log into whether it is a Phone, Xbox, PC, Tablet, Etc.

Solution