Question Windows 10 Android 9.0 Samsung Phone File Explorer folder access issues..

International96

Commendable
May 27, 2017
Hey guys, I'm having issues with Windows 10 1909 (and 1903, it seems like this problem didn't get fixed in the 1909 update either) and my Samsung Galaxy S8+

I hope this makes sense, but I'll try to explain it the best I can, I can try to elaborate if need be.

It seems like there's an MTP connection issue with Windows 10 and my phone which is running the latest update of the Android 9.0 Pie software. What happens is when I connect my phone to the laptop, in File Explorer on the PC, I navigate to the 'Download' folder within my Android file directory (not on the SD card, but the phone itself). When I open that folder, Windows attempts to load the folder, but then all of the sudden displays the message 'This folder is empty', when its actually not..Oddly enough, if I click on one of my own custom folders that I created on my phone and access it from File Explorer like the 'Download' folder, the contents of the 'Download' folder are displayed. So it seems that Windows 10 File Explorer is incorrectly processing the folders contained on the connected file directory on Android...
The drivers for my phone are up to date according to Windows, and its still not working like it should. When I was running 1809 and earlier builds, I didn't have this problem loading the folders, so it leads me to believe something has changed in 1903 to give this issue.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas as to what I can do to fix this?

Also, is there a way to attach a screenshot and upload it to the thread from my computer/phone? It seems like the only option the forum gives me to upload is via url, but that doesn't help me really.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS