[SOLVED] Windows 10 applications not functioning properly

Jan 7, 2022
Hey there,

I've been struggling with my desktop PC for quite a while - random BSODs under heavy load while gaming - and now I've encountered this strange thing, when "functions" in programs such as Steam or Opera were not loading properly. My PC also froze for half a second today. Screen froze and the sound was buzzing, but then went back to normal.

Specifically - blank spaces where there usually is some text (friends list on web page of Facebook only displaying profile pictures, not names). Pop up menu functions not loading properly (banners in Steam app and so on).

It seems to me that my system is corrupt in some way, bad driver or sth, because I've tested my SSD numerous of times. I have no way to find out as none of my BSOD / hard hangs generate .dmp.

Also... is there a way to reinstall Windows (delete all settings and drivers) without actually losing data in Program Files, user folder and D:/ drive?

Solution
I know and I have my data backed up. What I had in mind was built in Windows 10 feature that reinstalls the OS but keeps personal data - whether someone has experience with this. I'd like to avoid reinstalling all of my games that are on my PC.
During a reinstall, there is a "keep my files" option.
Note - This does remove any non-MS Store applications.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...444-7de3-818c-d626-e3b5a3024da5#bkmk_reset_pc

A "repair install" may allow you to keep everything.
Jan 7, 2022
I know and I have my data backed up. What I had in mind was built in Windows 10 feature that reinstalls the OS but keeps personal data - whether someone has experience with this. I'd like to avoid reinstalling all of my games that are on my PC.

USAFRet

Titan
During a reinstall, there is a "keep my files" option.
Note - This does remove any non-MS Store applications.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...444-7de3-818c-d626-e3b5a3024da5#bkmk_reset_pc

A "repair install" may allow you to keep everything.

Solution
Jan 7, 2022
Thanks. I'm not sure whether DISM. exe is supposed to output something in case it finds any issues, but both operations were completed successfully . sfc did not find any integrity violations.