Sep 3, 2019
it started about 3 days ago, i tried to open a photo and the photo app never loaded, i kept trying to open the photo and other photos. then i tried videos and still nothing would open. i noticed when i would right click on a folder or file on my desktop i would get a constant timer cursor and my whole desktop would be frozen (i could still use task bar and file explorer. if i right click on a file in a file explorer tab it would freeze that tab

after about 6-8 hours after all the photos and video i tried opening will suddenly open.
along with this also my Photoshop application will freeze on start up but also would open 6-8 hours after

i felt it might be due to my c drive being completely full. but made tons of space on it now. maybe somethings corrupt from it being full

Colif

Win 11 Master
welcome to forums :)

What are specs of the PC?

8 hours is a long wait.

is drive an ssd or a hdd? If hdd, whens last time you defragged it? removing files only makes free space, if its totally fragmented its going to slow you down.

Sep 3, 2019
welcome to forums :)

What are specs of the PC?

8 hours is a long wait.

is drive an ssd or a hdd? If hdd, whens last time you defragged it? removing files only makes free space, if its totally fragmented its going to slow you down.

Ryzen 1600x
16gb ram
gtx 1080ti

the drive is an 500gb ssd.

Sep 3, 2019
what brand ssd? think we need to test it or something

something not right about that delay.

might need more ram but only if you do editing. I doubt it would explain wait though

its a sandisk, dont remember the model.
is there a way i could move the windows photo app onto my other drives and test if it works normally on that? and see if its actually an issue with my drive?