[SOLVED] Windows 10 ASUS TUF Oculus Link BSOD

Zaxter

Prominent
Feb 21, 2020
Hello, I have an ASUS TUF VR Ready laptop with NVIDIA RTX 2060, but whenever I try to use Oculus Link with my Quest, I get a bluescreen. It happens every time I press enable link in the Quest. Any help would be appreciated.

Solution
atikmdag.sys
radeon display drivers... and in case i wasn't sure
dxgkrnl.sys
directX.

and then the fact I only ever see that BSOD code with AMD cards.

looks at a laptop with both Nvidia and AMD graphics drivers...

so its using the amd apu to run oculus when its also got a 2060 to use... um? oh god. Its how laptops like this run... they only use the gpu for games and high power graphical programs. So its not seeing Oculus as that even though it should.

tips here might help - link

start taskmanager
go to details tab
scroll down to OVRServer_x64.exe
right click and select set priority
change it to high or realtime
do the same for VirtualDesktop.streamer.exe

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

Open Windows File Explorer

Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump

Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop

Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows

Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder

Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)

Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

try making it bsod so we can see what might be cause apart from obvious. I assume you have latest drivers?

Zaxter

Prominent
Feb 21, 2020
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

Open Windows File Explorer

Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump

Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop

Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows

Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder

Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)

Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

try making it bsod so we can see what might be cause apart from obvious. I assume you have latest drivers?
Yes, I have the latest drivers, also here's the file. Minidump

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/nfth6qad/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.

File information:021321-19062-01.dmp (Feb 13 2021 - 13:17:16)
Bugcheck:THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER_M (100000EA)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys
Probably caused by:dxgkrnl.sys (Process: System)
Uptime:3 Day(s), 10 Hour(s), 51 Min(s), and 49 Sec(s)

Possible system page: https://www.asus.com/Laptops/For-Gaming/TUF-Gaming/ASUS-TUF-Gaming-A15/
System: ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA506IV
You already have the latest BIOS installed, version 314.

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
atikmdag.sys
radeon display drivers... and in case i wasn't sure
dxgkrnl.sys
directX.

and then the fact I only ever see that BSOD code with AMD cards.

looks at a laptop with both Nvidia and AMD graphics drivers...

so its using the amd apu to run oculus when its also got a 2060 to use... um? oh god. Its how laptops like this run... they only use the gpu for games and high power graphical programs. So its not seeing Oculus as that even though it should.

tips here might help - link

start taskmanager
go to details tab
scroll down to OVRServer_x64.exe
right click and select set priority
change it to high or realtime
do the same for VirtualDesktop.streamer.exe
https://forums.oculusvr.com/communi...s-be-using-integrated-graphics-instead-of-gpu

try updating the AMD & Nvidia drivers from here - https://www.asus.com/Laptops/For-Gaming/TUF-Gaming/ASUS-TUF-Gaming-A15/HelpDesk_Download/
you might as well be on the newest.

Last edited:
Solution