Windows 10 ATI Video Driver failure- SYSTEM_THREAD_EXEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Status
Not open for further replies.

RETINAL

Reputable
Aug 3, 2015
So 4 days ago i decided to build a new PC. For my GPU i decided to get a PowerColor Devil 13 Dual Core r9 290x (the cause of the problem), which as i understand, is the same as 2 290x's crossfired. I set up my PC with Windows 10 pro and the OS had installed the r9 200 series driver. Windows messages started popping up, saying that the vidoe driver has stopped responding. After a few of them, the blue screen of death popped up with and error message: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXEPTON_NOT_HANDLED, with sometimes some of them being with a different error message- like VIEDO_TDR_FAILURE or CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. Still, all of them occurred after a video driver had been installed. I obviously tried installing them myself from the AMD website, but the same happened. Even with the driver auto detect utility, as some said, doing so would fix it, but no. I tried my PC setup with my old r9 280x and everything worked perfectly. I have tried SO many ways to fix it, this includes installing the OS over and over and over again. I am so done with this and have ran out of ideas anyway. I can't take it no more! :pt1cable:

Status
Not open for further replies.