[SOLVED] Windows 10 Audio Split

navask01

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2013
Hey gurus, a quick question on audio splitting on windows 10.

Would windows recognize and pass subwoofer audio signal via the analog audio jack at the back of the motherboard while the rest of the audio is passed out via usb?

Space is limited and i prefer using to audio via speakers rather than headphones. So i use a SMSL AD 18 that takes in input from multiple devices(PC via USB, Console via SPDIF, Mobile devices via bluetooth) and output that via a pair of bookshelf speakers.

The AD 18 does not have an output signal for a subwoofer, i checked. So i was wondering if i did want to introduce a powered subwoofer to the mix(pun unintended) for the PC audio, would windows drive subwoofer signal via the analog output while the other audio is output via USB.

Appreciate any input or feedback if this is possible. Thank you.

Solution
I found a method to have sound over two different outputs, but I don't know if it'll work for what you want.

• Open Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Sound
  • Go to the "Recording" tab
  • If it isn't already done, right click on a blank space and make sure both "Show disabled devices" and "Show disconnected devices" are checked
  • Find something called "Stereo Mix", right click on that, and select "Properties"
  • Go to the "Listen" tab and select "Listen to this device"
  • Open the "Settings" app
  • Go to System -> Sound
  • At the bottom, click on "App volume and device preferences"
  • Find "Stereo Mix" there and have its output go to where the subwoofer is connected.
I found a method to have sound over two different outputs, but I don't know if it'll work for what you want.

• Open Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Sound
  • Go to the "Recording" tab
  • If it isn't already done, right click on a blank space and make sure both "Show disabled devices" and "Show disconnected devices" are checked
  • Find something called "Stereo Mix", right click on that, and select "Properties"
  • Go to the "Listen" tab and select "Listen to this device"
  • Open the "Settings" app
  • Go to System -> Sound
  • At the bottom, click on "App volume and device preferences"
  • Find "Stereo Mix" there and have its output go to where the subwoofer is connected.

Reactions: navask01
Solution
According to the specs of the AD 18 "With amplifier output port, 3.5mm headphone jack and subwoofer outputs, "

Look at C

61V709JXfQL._AC_SL1200_.jpg