Windows 10 backup question temp files:

Michael Hillyer

Reputable
Dec 5, 2014
Hi guys, recently I backed up my C to B and I didn't mean to. So I turned off backups from C to B and deleted all of the files, but recently I found a bunch of temp files in my B and I'm assuming they're from that. Is there anyway I can find out where these files are coming from? Would it be safe to delete them? What about the media.bin?

They look ugly and there is a few of them, I want them gone and the media.bin. I just want to know A. ) Where they are coming from so I can stop it, B.) If I can delete them.

My B drive was used for the back up other than that it has just steam games. IDK what else it could be. I have shadowplay in there to where if I save a shadowplay it goes there, but I don't even use/open shadowplay.

https://i.gyazo.com/a9a623673f1d02d37cf52f410ff7c8ef.png

Hi,

They could be the temporary files created when it tried to accidentally do a backup. :) Please do try these steps that may help to get rid of them. First, try to just delete the whole folder that has those temp files.
- Press the Windows key + R at the same then type %temp% in the run box that will open then click OK.
- Once the Windows Temporary folder is opened delete everything in it.
- Close the Window once done. (You can skip those files that will not delete)

TRENDING THREADS