Windows 10 Backup

Malachy2

Commendable
Jul 26, 2016
I am having the 97% issue when trying to back up windows 10 upgrade.
Surely if so many are this problem everywhere it must be a windows problem and not computer hardware. Is there any way to solve this problem?
Malachy.

Solution
This is an issue with there being a conflict between a 3rd party service you're using and Windows 10.

You can power cycle the computer, it'll just return you to your previous OS. At least it should, I've had it do so plenty of times.

Best way around this is to simply back up any important data and do a fresh install of Windows 10 (as in no upgrade, just a new OS install).

Once you're back up and running, start backing up your data. Doesn't matter if you use a disk imager like Macrium Reflect Free or a snapshot tool like Rollback Rx but you'll want to back up your system in case one of the programs/services you install is incompatible as that's the source of this issue and could cause issues down the road.

LukeFatwalker

Reputable
Dec 29, 2015
This is an issue with there being a conflict between a 3rd party service you're using and Windows 10.

You can power cycle the computer, it'll just return you to your previous OS. At least it should, I've had it do so plenty of times.

Best way around this is to simply back up any important data and do a fresh install of Windows 10 (as in no upgrade, just a new OS install).

Once you're back up and running, start backing up your data. Doesn't matter if you use a disk imager like Macrium Reflect Free or a snapshot tool like Rollback Rx but you'll want to back up your system in case one of the programs/services you install is incompatible as that's the source of this issue and could cause issues down the road.

Solution