Windows 10 Battery control panel not displaying correctly

incrypto

Prominent
Mar 24, 2017
New to Windows 10, I have been reading about the Battery control panel. Every site has screenshots where there is a Battery Use link, and when you click it, it displays System, Display, and Wi-Fi battery usage, and then lists the app battery usage below that.

My control panel only has a Battery Usage by App link and then it shows the app battery usage, but there's no System, Display, or Wi-Fi battery usage listed.

Did they change something in Windows 10 and I'm only finding old screenshots online? I've searched but couldn't find anything about it.

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, the info you are looking for is not in the Control Panel, but its in the new Windows 10 Settings.

From the Start Menu, click on the Gear icon. Select System. Select Battery Saver.

Try the info on this page:

https://www.howtogeek.com/241676/how-to-see-which-applications-are-draining-your-battery-on-windows-10/

incrypto

Prominent
Mar 24, 2017

Thanks gardenman, I misspoke. I said control panel but had actually used the technique you described. That's where the System, Display, and Wi-Fi battery usage isn't being listed. I only see the app usage.

gardenman

Splendid
I see what you are saying:

Old way: http://cdn1.expertreviews.co.uk/sites/expertreviews/files/2015/09/windows_10_battery_use.png?itok=kQ1w00ty
New way: (Can't find an image but it doesn't show the System, Display, or Wi-Fi.)

Apparently, as you said, they have changed it. I have seen reports where the info was not working correctly so maybe that's why it was removed.

What you can do is generate a battery report with powercfg.exe at a command prompt. To do this, open a command prompt and type:

powercfg /batteryreport

It will generate an web page for you and store it in your local user folder. Pay attention to the folder and open it in explorer and open the HTML file.

incrypto

Prominent
Mar 24, 2017
Thanks for the confirmation. Good to know things are working as they should. And thanks for the power.cfg info, very helpful.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts