autoblogart

Honorable
Apr 18, 2018
I JUST gotten an Kingston A400 SSD 240gb Yesterday and installed my Windows on it and everything was smooth and PC is starting in 5 seconds

But Today i'm surprised that when i turn on PC after the windows logo i get a (black screen for like 4 seconds) it happens before windows logon after windows logo

Windows 10 Black Screen Just Before Login Screen.

what is the cause of it please ? i wasn't having this problem at all after installing windows 10 yesterday

it's a black screen with a spinning dots at the bottom

i have tried uninstalling graphic card drivers and re installing , switching to high performance in control panel non worked

My SPECS :

DELL OPTIPLEX 390 DT Motherboard
Intel core i5-2500K 3.3Ghz ( NOT overclocked )
4GB x 2 Slots = 8GB RAM DDR3 1066Mhz
Nvidia GTX 650 1GB GDDR5 ( With Latest Drivers )
WINDOWS 10 64-bit PRO Version 1803 OS Build 17134.1
BIOS VERSION LATEST

Do You have any idea please ?

I hope that everything is clear , if not please don't hesitate to ask me i will reply asap

Thank you in Advance .

Do you have any other hard drives or USB's attached? When you installed "your windows", did you migrate your OS or was it a fresh install? Also check all your connections to see if you might have knocked something loose. What is your current boot order?

BTW, increasing your power plan to high performance will likely do nothing more than make your computer run hotter and consume more power, best to stay with balanced and set sleep and hard drive shutdown to never.

Last edited:

autoblogart

Honorable
Apr 18, 2018
Do you have any other hard drives or USB's attached? When you installed "your windows", did you migrate your OS or was it a fresh install? Also check all your connections to see if you might have knocked something loose. What is your current boot order?

BTW, increasing your power plan to high performance will likely do nothing more than make your computer run hotter and consume more power, best to stay with balanced and set sleep and hard drive shutdown to never.
- Indeed i do have a 320 GB HDD connected , i was using this HDD before as main splitting it to 2 partitions , C : for windows and D: for everything else ( games , softwares , pictures , etc ...) after buying ssd i did install windows freshly on the SSD .
ONE important thing to mention is that i was having this black screen after logo problem on my hdd before buying SSD

SO now i still have windows installed on HDD and programs on it .

• THE WINDOWS 10 install it was Fresh on my SSD it wasn't migrated
  • i Have 1 usb attached and it's my usb wireless adapter
  • current boot order? = SSD , HDD , USB
  • I switched again to balanced and set sleep and hard drive shutdown to never.

iMatty

Reputable
Mar 14, 2019
Well if the boot order was set to boot from the SSD, it should never attempt to boot from other drives, unless if the CMOS battery is going bad and keeps resetting all the options to boot from old HDD.