Windows 10 Black Screen problem after installing intel graphics driver

Mar 7, 2018
Hi,
I got a new Samsung 860 evo SSD for my older desktop and installed the newest windows 10 64bit (1803) on it.
I don't have a graphics card, only the onboard graphics, and it's connected via HDMI cable to an older Samsung TV.
The minute Intel graphics driver is installed, the screen goes black. Restart via power button gives me the Windows logo for a few seconds with the rotating circle and then black screen again.
I tried safe mode where I changed the power plan to maximum performance, disabling startup items, changing resolution, unplugging the wireless adapter, as some suggested - nothing helps.
This happens after driver update via windows update and also when updating manually.

my older Windows 10 32bit installed on my older HDD is still working fine...

Is there a solution?
Thanks

CPU: Intel i5-2400
MB: Gigabyte H67MA-UD2H
4GB RAM
250GB samsung SSD
1TB WD HDD
D-link Wireless adapter.
No GPU

Solution
Before we get too into it, have you tried plugging the computer into another monitor/tv? If so and the display showed up properly, then what is the model of this Samsung TV?

What I suspect is happening is that the current display drivers Samsung is using for its TVs don't actually support the model of TV that you're using anymore. You may be able to check for this by searching for your updated display driver online and seeing if it supports your model of TV. You used to be able to do this, but I'm not sure if you can anymore.

If the TV isn't supported by the current driver, the best solution to restore the display would be to roll back the driver to the one that worked, then prevent windows from automatically updating the driver...
Most likely primary display changes to a different output. There are 4 outputs on that motherboard.
Do you have multiple screens connected?

3638.jpg

Mar 7, 2018

There is no second screen, only 1 screen (samsung TV) is connected through HDMI

ctornado

Prominent
Oct 29, 2018
Before we get too into it, have you tried plugging the computer into another monitor/tv? If so and the display showed up properly, then what is the model of this Samsung TV?

What I suspect is happening is that the current display drivers Samsung is using for its TVs don't actually support the model of TV that you're using anymore. You may be able to check for this by searching for your updated display driver online and seeing if it supports your model of TV. You used to be able to do this, but I'm not sure if you can anymore.

If the TV isn't supported by the current driver, the best solution to restore the display would be to roll back the driver to the one that worked, then prevent windows from automatically updating the driver. Otherwise, all you can do is get a new TV/Monitor.

Solution