Windows 10 Blank Gray Screen HELP

Bopeepout

Reputable
Jun 26, 2015
I updated my Windows 64x 10 yesterday. (I have a desktop that I built not a laptop) Now whenever I boot to windows after about 5 minutes my screen just goes gray. Completely blank grey screen. I've checked for intel driver updates and gpu driver updates but everything is up to date. I can't seem to find anyone else that is having this problem. My pc specs are, gtx 970, i7 4790k, z97 gaming 5 motherboard. Any ideas on what the problem would be?

Solution
Hello Bopeepout

Due to some compatibility issues, sometimes, not the latest drivers but one version earlier ones work pretty well. I would recommend you to try those. However, before you touch the drivers, you may want to try this:

> Go to Device Manager.

> Expand the Network adapters tree.

> Right-click the active network adapters (both wired and wireless) your PC uses or may use to connect to the network/Internet.

> Go to Properties from the context menu.

> Go to the Power Management tab.

> Uncheck the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power checkbox.

> Save the changes and see if the problem is fixed.

If the problem is still there, try resetting the currently selected power plan...
Hello Bopeepout

Due to some compatibility issues, sometimes, not the latest drivers but one version earlier ones work pretty well. I would recommend you to try those. However, before you touch the drivers, you may want to try this:

> Go to Device Manager.

> Expand the Network adapters tree.

> Right-click the active network adapters (both wired and wireless) your PC uses or may use to connect to the network/Internet.

> Go to Properties from the context menu.

> Go to the Power Management tab.

> Uncheck the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power checkbox.

> Save the changes and see if the problem is fixed.

If the problem is still there, try resetting the currently selected power plan in the Power Options window to its factory (default) settings.

If none of the above solutions work, you may try to uninstall the most recent Windows update after which your computer started behaving unexpectedly.

Feel free to report back if further assistance is needed. Cheers!! :)

Solution