Question Windows 10 blinking dash on start-up

Kippenoma

Commendable
Feb 18, 2017
So when I boot up my PC I get this dash blinking for like 10 seconds before my PC actually boots. A mate of mine has virtually identical specs & never had this issue.

How do I fix this?

SSD = 850 evo 500g
i7 7700k
gtx 1070
16gb 3000mhz ram corsair
gigabyte z270x ultra gaming

edit: my monitor takes long to boot, so before what you saw is my Mobo logo screen ^^

So when I boot up my PC I get this dash blinking for like 10 seconds before my PC actually boots.
This blinking light IS your PC booting.
My guess is this is a mobo specific thing,it just shows you that something is going on,as the previous person already said maybe there is a setting to make this stop showing up but I don't think it's a problem.
Time your mate's PC getting to the windows login,it should take the same time as your's does,since you do not seem to have any delays your system boots up very fast.

Kippenoma

Commendable
Feb 18, 2017
This blinking light IS your PC booting.
My guess is this is a mobo specific thing,it just shows you that something is going on,as the previous person already said maybe there is a setting to make this stop showing up but I don't think it's a problem.
Time your mate's PC getting to the windows login,it should take the same time as your's does,since you do not seem to have any delays your system boots up very fast.

His definitely does it faster. Also, this issue seems to have gotten worse over the 2 years I've had the PC. It used to be like 1-2 seconds, now the dash is like 10 seconds. The health of my SSD is really good though, says both Samsung Magician & Userbenchmark