(Windows 10) "Blue-screen" appears before the Windows login screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pimpsqueak

Reputable
Dec 19, 2015
I've never encountered this problem before nor have I heard of it, but now it's appeared.
For some reason, on my new Asus Zenbook UX430UN, I always get a 10 - 20 second blue screen before the Windows login screen appears.

How it looks:
https://gyazo.com/e429d1351d1d88e37339e5e31eccd851

Does anyone have any ideas? Been searching around and I can't find anything like this. It isn't even a typical "blue screen (of death)", but rather, just a flat blue screen. Would hate to send this laptop back after I've spent a week downloading all my games and apps and [censored]

Help

Solution
Try running HDTune on your ssd, look on the health tab and let i=t run a SMART test

are there any extra USB devices plugged into laptop? Does it have a card reader? Sometimes the delay is caused by PC waiting for a device to reply, and you lucky its just 20 seconds.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Do you have an Asus program installed called Asus Live Updater? if you don't go to this page and you can find it under the utilities heading - https://www.asus.com/au/Laptops/ASUS-ZenBook-UX430UN/HelpDesk_Download/
If you run it, it may find newer drivers for your laptop and they can speed up boot times and maybe make that blue screen skip past.

Pimpsqueak

Reputable
Dec 19, 2015

No - It didn't come with my laptop. Was basically a clean version of Windows except for "Asus Hello" (which doesn't really do anything).- I've tried finding it online as-well, but to no avail.

Asus Live Update is definitely on the "Drivers & Tools" page for your laptop model via the link supplied by Colif.

It doesn't appear by default, you have to click "See all downloads" under the "Utilities" section (under the box that shows "ASUS Splendid Video Enhancement Technology". You should then see Asus Live Update.

Pimpsqueak

Reputable
Dec 19, 2015

Found it, installed it, restarted the system: Didn't change anything.
Any other ideas?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Try running HDTune on your ssd, look on the health tab and let i=t run a SMART test

are there any extra USB devices plugged into laptop? Does it have a card reader? Sometimes the delay is caused by PC waiting for a device to reply, and you lucky its just 20 seconds.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.