sebas.asselbergs

Prominent
Dec 3, 2017
These are my specs:

-Gigabyte B250M-DS3H motherboard
-Corsair 2133 mhz ddr4 ram (1 stick)
-EVGA 1050 Ti gpu
-Intel pentium G4500 processor

I can acces my BIOS/UEFI just fine, so no problem there however when I try to install windows it goes wrong. I downloaded the windows 10 creation tool and put it on a usb, I boot it from my usb and get the blackscreen plus windows 10 logo. It loads for a second or two and then I get blue screened with error code 0x000007b. In order to solve this I download rufus install an ISO file on my laptop and combine the two and put it on the usb. This time it crashes at the same moment but it gives me a different stop code: namely bad system config info or page fault in non page area. All fixes for these blue screen that I have seen require me to do something with windows troubleshoot but I don't have windows installed (it's what I'm trying to do). Can anyone help me install windows?

Solution
When you say you put windows media creation tool on USB, do you mean you used media creation tool to create a bootable Install USB? Copying media creation tool onto the USB won't work otherwise.
0x000007b = Application was unable to start correctly (which is odd)

Now most of time I see BSOD install errors, they are caused by RAM. Can you run memtest86 (free version) on your ram. Any errors at all are too many, only score you want is 0. It creates a bootable USB so doesn't need windows to run.

non paged area = ram. Normally are driver errors but thats unlikely with no drivers installed apart from default ones. Can also be a corrupted iso.

Colif

Win 11 Master
When you say you put windows media creation tool on USB, do you mean you used media creation tool to create a bootable Install USB? Copying media creation tool onto the USB won't work otherwise.
0x000007b = Application was unable to start correctly (which is odd)

Now most of time I see BSOD install errors, they are caused by RAM. Can you run memtest86 (free version) on your ram. Any errors at all are too many, only score you want is 0. It creates a bootable USB so doesn't need windows to run.

non paged area = ram. Normally are driver errors but thats unlikely with no drivers installed apart from default ones. Can also be a corrupted iso.

Solution

sebas.asselbergs

Prominent
Dec 3, 2017

I meant that I downloaded the programm, ran it and installed it on the usb not copied it on there :p.
I'll try the memtest and see what the results are.

What do you mean corrupted iso? Because the usb that I used does have bad sectors so could that be a reason why? Or did something go wrong during downloading/installing iso file (doubtful since I've tried it a few times, each time with a new media tool download) and could my version of windows 10 have something to do with it(possibly not fully updated)

*update*
I did the memtest and there is nothing wrong with my ram modules.

sebas.asselbergs

Prominent
Dec 3, 2017
my BIOS is two updates behind, it's in f6 instead of f8. between these updates 2 things changed: they updated cpu micro code to fix HT flaw issue and they updated intel ME for security vulnerabilities. Could this have anything to do with it?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Does USB have bad sectors? Or were you asking if that might be a reason? Try making ISO on another USB if its already known to have problems. If it has bad sectors it might corrupt iso as its installed.

The ISO made by Media creation tool is the latest version.

BIOS could be reason if it fixes any memory problems