Question Windows 10 Blue Screen error "Driver Overran Stack Buffer" every time I try to update windows

Jul 11, 2019
So I opted into the windows insider program because I was having issues with performance and I read somewhere that it helped with FPS in Battlefield V. But now a few months later I regret using the insider program--I continue to get the message "Your build of windows has expired" and I'm 99% sure this is the reason most of my games will no longer launch, such as Apex Legends or Rainbow Six: Siege, as I get an error message from the anti-cheat every time I launch.

Online people said that their issues were fixed when they updated their windows, but I cannot do so, because every time I try to update I get a blue screen with the error message "Driver overran stack buffer". I've already tried as many fixes as I could find online, such as updating all my drivers, scanning and repairing my system files and hard drives, and reverting to my old version of windows (which I can't do because it's been over 10 days). So now I'm stuck in an unstable and broken build of the windows insider program and I cannot even opt out or update.

The only last solution I can think of would be reinstalling my OS completely, which is a last resort for me because I would lose some programs and files that I wouldn't be able to back up, so I really would not like to.

Please help, I would appreciate any potential solutions

Jul 11, 2019
So I opted into the windows insider program because I was having issues with performance and I read somewhere that it helped with FPS in Battlefield V. But now a few months later I regret using the insider program--I continue to get the message "Your build of windows has expired" and I'm 99% sure this is the reason most of my games will no longer launch, such as Apex Legends or Rainbow Six: Siege, as I get an error message from the anti-cheat every time I launch.

Online people said that their issues were fixed when they updated their windows, but I cannot do so, because every time I try to update I get a blue screen with the error message "Driver overran stack buffer". I've already tried as many fixes as I could find online, such as updating all my drivers, scanning and repairing my system files and hard drives, and reverting to my old version of windows (which I can't do because it's been over 10 days). So now I'm stuck in an unstable and broken build of the windows insider program and I cannot even opt out or update.

The only last solution I can think of would be reinstalling my OS completely, which is a last resort for me because I would lose some programs and files that I wouldn't be able to back up, so I really would not like to.

Please help, I would appreciate any potential solutions

Hey morning haha, actually if you want to get rid of that insider since it was the root problem in the first place, if that insider is an application, why don't you try to uninstall or remove it from your system?

then see what happens if you tried to update your windows

Jul 11, 2019
Hey morning haha, actually if you want to get rid of that insider since it was the root problem in the first place, if that insider is an application, why don't you try to uninstall or remove it from your system?

then see what happens if you tried to update your windows
I'm not sure if it's possible to uninstall windows insider like a program, because it's hardwired into the OS, the only way to my knowledge is opting out of it in windows update settings but I can't do that because it's been over 10 days. I tried to search the web for a solution to uninstalling windows insider but I couldn't find anything other than opting out in settings. Thanks for the help though

Jul 11, 2019
I'm not sure if it's possible to uninstall windows insider like a program, because it's hardwired into the OS, the only way to my knowledge is opting out of it in windows update settings but I can't do that because it's been over 10 days. I tried to search the web for a solution to uninstalling windows insider but I couldn't find anything other than opting out in settings. Thanks for the help though

I see, and have you tired the "Restore Windows"? just like formatting your unit but your OS will be the same, and all of the programs / driver update / and such will be removed.

USAFRet

Titan
No, you can't "uninstall" the OS. Insider or otherwise.

One of the issues with the Insider program is that it is not necessarily stable. You get the bleeding edge, warts and all.

And whoever told you it results in better FPS in a particular game...he was talking out his butt.

Time for a full reinstall. Might be painful regarding whatever applications you have, but that's probably what you need to do.
And take this as a wakeup to institute a strong backup plan.