Question Windows 10 blue screen of death loop workaround help me pls.

Disheveled_Human

Prominent
Dec 26, 2022
So I would say like 7 months ago I experienced a bluescreen of death loop on my windows 10 installation to an SSD. It happened after I clicked on a untrustworthy site or could have just been a coincidence. My computers base hardware like cpu and ram (GPU is more modern) is high end but old so it could be that (2012). I had upgraded my PC from windows 7 to windows 10 months earlier. Right now I am operating on the snapshot samsung magic made when I originally ported over my windows 7 to the SSD which was 2014 but is now up to date and works well on my old HDD. So my question is how can I fix the corrupted windows 10 install on my SSD since now programs are running out of compatibility. Is it easier for me to wipe all the windows 10 install files off of the SSD and reinstall or is it better to use some sort of repair prompt. Really I have know Idea what happened to the system (win 10) on the SSD to get it to BSOD so I am imagining some sort of corruption or compatibility issue with an update. I have been running my Windows 7 dual boot for like 7 months with zero issues so its definitely a Windows 10 issue.

Specs are:
CPU: i7 3820 @ 3.60 GHz
16GB DDR3 Ram 4 channel (all working)
Intel DX79TO, LGA 2011/Socket R Motherboard
Nvidia 970 GTX Card
250 GB samsung SSD circa 2016
1 TB Western Digital black HDD

In short what is the best option can you guide me on a repair option or a complete reinstall. I am operating from a dual boot windows 7 and have access to the windows 10 install.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Was win 10 a dual boot or you just running that now?
Do you want to keep it dual boot?

if you have access to the drive, can you copy info off it?
Its probably faster to clean install the win 10 drive if you can copy everything off it you want to save

On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB
boot from installer
follow this guide: https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/how-to-do-a-clean-installation-of-windows-10.3170366/

I believer link says to remove other drives but if its a dual boot with win 7, leave that drive in so win 10 can add itself to the boot partition or your dual boot set up may not work so well.

Reactions: Disheveled_Human