[SOLVED] Windows 10 Blue Screened (Please Help)

Jul 25, 2021
So short story short ever since that windows 10 update back in april-may that caused people to have fps problems and blue screens. I got it also right as i updated the windows 10 update. I also tried uninstalling update and still get blue screened. I also just did a windows reset but kept personal files like 5 days ago. I had no issues for 5 days until today for first time and i paused windows updates. im on lastest NVidia drivers. Also ever since windows update my gpu is alot hotter.

So my question is can it be just windows 10 being totally freaking bugged and poorly optimized. Like im tired of poor coding and like windows 10 always ruining hardware compatibility. always something with either Nvidia drivers or windows 10 updates or both together causing issues or is it my hardware? Cause i can go on for days without blue screen then get them like 3 times a day.. And issues only came upon update in April. Theres also word that windows 11 is giving black screen. So why? is it poor optimization/coding for windows or my hardware?

Intel i9 9900k
NZXT Kraken Cooler thingy
16GB DDR4 3000mhz
RTX 2070 Super
1TB M.2

April Windows Update - Gave me Less Frames, High Temps and some blue screens

Last edited:
Solution
Whenever Windows updates seem to be the cause, start with the basics. Update your motherboard drivers, audio drivers, network drivers, etc from the motherboard manufacturer's website. Incompatibility can crop up in the oddest of places. Lastly consider a BIOS update.

You can begin looking at the Windows events log to see what happened prior to your blue screens. Should point you in the direction of drivers or software.

Hardware issues are a little more difficult. I note you didn't list the power supply, you have a decently powerful system, so I would expect to see a decent 650-750W power supply running that.

You could run Memtestx86 for a while to test out your memory. Run a GPU/CPU benchmark and see if you run into crashes there...

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Whenever Windows updates seem to be the cause, start with the basics. Update your motherboard drivers, audio drivers, network drivers, etc from the motherboard manufacturer's website. Incompatibility can crop up in the oddest of places. Lastly consider a BIOS update.

You can begin looking at the Windows events log to see what happened prior to your blue screens. Should point you in the direction of drivers or software.

Hardware issues are a little more difficult. I note you didn't list the power supply, you have a decently powerful system, so I would expect to see a decent 650-750W power supply running that.

You could run Memtestx86 for a while to test out your memory. Run a GPU/CPU benchmark and see if you run into crashes there. Cinebench, Unigine Valley, 3D Mark FireStrike/TimeSpy. If it doesn't crash or show errors during those types of tests, then you would want to take a close look at your installed software.

Solution
Jul 25, 2021
Interesting to see

You could run Memtestx86 for a while to test out your memory. Run a GPU/CPU benchmark and see if you run into crashes there. Cinebench, Unigine Valley, 3D Mark FireStrike/TimeSpy. If it doesn't crash or show errors during those types of tests, then you would want to take a close look at your installed software.
Thanks for the info. Speaking of Bios update. They haven't updated bios in like a year and now all a sudden update for bios comes out just as the windows update came out.

says this for update notes - - Support Resizable BAR (Re-Size BAR) function to enhance GPU performance including the Nvidia GeForce RTX 3000 series and others. Could be a driver update with nvidia not working with my bios aka motherboard?

Jul 25, 2021
Resizable BAR is optional, but if it were enabled by the graphics driver and the underlying firmware didn't know what to do with it, that could cause issues.
Thanks for the reply again. Yeah that bios update is the only new update for an entire year cause i do have lastest bios update until they added new one in april. idk what else i can update? Also to answer your question since i didnt. yeah i have a 800w psu.

Jul 25, 2021
Resizable BAR is optional, but if it were enabled by the graphics driver and the underlying firmware didn't know what to do with it, that could cause issues.
Ohh snap even something new just happen i notice just now and im sure it worked before april. i cant enter my bios. i spam key on my keyboard and it doesnt work. Keyboard wont work during bootup? But its lighting up. Thats new to me and dont kno why its doing that? I wanted to look at something cause i think i have my ram overclocked and wanted to turn it off. Windows def messed upp my system? How can bios just not come upp?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
You can get to the BIOS using Windows.

Hold down shift while you press the shut down button in Windows to pull up the advanced menu, should have an option to enter UEFI BIOS.

Step 2) https://www.thewindowsclub.com/boot-windows-into-uefi-or-bios-firmware

If your keyboard still doesn't work, try a simpler keyboard. I always keep a cheap $10 USB keyboard around (Not to mention keyboards from yesteryear...) but I have had issues with certain RGB keyboards, or ones with displays working properly in the BIOS menus.

You can also try moving your keyboard to the left most or top most ports depending on orientation, these are generally the ones connected to main USB controller and not ones that require software. (Often next to legacy PS/2 ports, if applicable)

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
What about the system drivers? I can't tell you how many times I've solved weird problems just by grabbing the latest Realtek drivers, or getting drivers directly from Intel for network drivers.

Really easy for bad motherboard software to cause issues as well. Those RGB applications, and gaming optimization ones, generally not well maintained. Assuming you have any of those installed.

Jul 25, 2021
What about the system drivers? I can't tell you how many times I've solved weird problems just by grabbing the latest Realtek drivers, or getting drivers directly from Intel for network drivers.

Really easy for bad motherboard software to cause issues as well. Those RGB applications, and gaming optimization ones, generally not well maintained. Assuming you have any of those installed.
Yeah ill try to investigate it for sure. Might be drivers for intel idk? Where can i get lastest intel/network or sound drivers? Cause i guess nvidia sound drivers isnt gonna cover the other sound drivers idk?