Windows 10 bluetooth sound problems with Plantronics Backbeat Pros

ghballs

Commendable
Apr 13, 2016
To whom it may concern - I just got a Acer ATC-705-UC52 and I ran updates and installed Windows 10. The desktop has built in Bluetooth capabilities, so I went ahead and connected my Plantronics Backbeat Pros to the machine. It's hot garbage. After finally figuring out just how to get sound through them, it has them stuck in Mono, the sound quality is horrific (like listening to the local radio station but two towns over), and I for the life of me haven't been able to fix it. I've spent the past couple hours reading every blog, message board, and youtube video I can find but nothing has worked. Can anyone help? Updates are current and it's currently set as my Default Device. What's weird is when I open that it show another version of my headphones, with the words Stereo instead of Mono associated with them, but I can't select them. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Solution
i have a pair of backbeat pro and yeah had the same issue. connect to mobile device- great sound and on phone great call / music switching, all sounded great. try and connect to the bluetooth in my laptop, if i used as 'headphones' only- sounded great. if i tried )sometimes it failled totally ) to use as headset for like skype calls.. worst sound ever.
i ended up buying the BT600 via amazon posted to me in Aust and once paired it works excellent on pc, just like it does on phone. media sound is great and once in a skype call, it switches and the in call sound is excellent, just like the phone.
so, highly recommend the BT600 if using the plantronics backbeat pro ( or sense yes i asked them if ok and they said yes).

Colif

Win 11 Master
are you using its dongle? according to this it doesn't use your bluetooth but its own

But back to that USB dongle: It's just that, a tiny Bluetooth adapter (the Plantronics BT600) that instantly connects Windows PCs and Macs to the BackBeat Pro+. It comes pre-paired from the factory, so all you need to do is plug it in and turn on the headphones to make a wireless connection. While most laptops and desktops these days already include Bluetooth support, Plantronics says its dongle ensures a higher-quality experience (it helps to have an external Bluetooth antenna, for example). A software update will eventually allow the dongle to support even better wireless audio using the aptX codec, which is a step above typical Bluetooth streaming.

link

also this

bad sound on pc

ghballs

Commendable
Apr 13, 2016
My headphones did not come with a dongle. I've never had any issues pairing them to other devices, like my iPhone, iPad, or a outside source dongle for an old desktop that didn't have Bluetooth capabilities. This is just too weird that it doesn't work seamlessly. Connecting Bluetooth devices is such an after thought of a task and the fact that this didn't just connect and play sound correctly out of the gate is baffling. Every other device the headphones have connected to played music perfectly with impeccable sound quality.

Kerry_5

Commendable
Sep 4, 2016
i have a pair of backbeat pro and yeah had the same issue. connect to mobile device- great sound and on phone great call / music switching, all sounded great. try and connect to the bluetooth in my laptop, if i used as 'headphones' only- sounded great. if i tried )sometimes it failled totally ) to use as headset for like skype calls.. worst sound ever.
i ended up buying the BT600 via amazon posted to me in Aust and once paired it works excellent on pc, just like it does on phone. media sound is great and once in a skype call, it switches and the in call sound is excellent, just like the phone.
so, highly recommend the BT600 if using the plantronics backbeat pro ( or sense yes i asked them if ok and they said yes).

Solution
Dec 25, 2018
Just encountered this problem with the Backbeat 500 on Christmas morning and here is how I solved it after an hour. Worked for me is all I can say so if anyone else can save some time here goes. In device manager under Sound Video and Game Controllers (not Bluetooth) I had 2 devices one marked stereo and one not. I clicked on the non-stereo entry (just marked hands free) and disabled the device (not Uninstall). Rebooted, re-paired and Voila now working.